All articles are property of and copyrighted by LisaGoesCrazy. Please do not use nor reproduce for any purpose without written consent. Thank you.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What do you mean it's included in...


the bill?? Ever have gratuity tacked to the end of your food bill?? Especially after bad service?? Makes you feel ripped off. It's another one of those things that drive me absolutely crazy.......

Being forced to tip for bad service and or attitude. Yah, yah, yah. I know. Not everyone tips as they should even if they get it right. But when you automatically force me to pay a tip I feel the server did not deserve you also force me to think differently about your place of buisness. At least in my book. Especially if I am being forced to pay anywhere between 18% to 20% of my total bill.

I'm a big tipper, but I think a tip needs to be earned. And I just love when I get an ambitious server. A server who knows that well beyond the "obligatory" gratuity I must already pay, I can be suckered into leaving a larger tip if I am treated right. A server who is smart enough to realize the better he is the more he makes. Not so hard, right? Ha. I beg to differ.

See I think most restaurants who tack on this "obligatory" tipping is doing themselves a dis-service. They are encouraging their own employees to become complacent. At the end of the day, they know, no matter how they represent their employer, they will be getting a tip. So really, who cares? Shame, shame, shame. In their attempt to cover their employees, some restaurants have forgotten their most valuable asset. Their customer.
Anyone else??

No comments: