All articles are property of and copyrighted by LisaGoesCrazy. Please do not use nor reproduce for any purpose without written consent. Thank you.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Nail Salon Nightmares

After nearly 5 years of having artificial nails on...I took them off nearly a month ago. And even though it's been ugly and even painful at times, I am glad I'm getting my own nails back. Having been around town and trying out all kinds of salons has been such a nightmare! I don't know about you girls but I've not been able to get a good tech to do my nails in a very long time. Neither it seems has my best friend which is why she also took them off. My mom took them off too! Seems their experiences lately have been a nightmare too. From poor work to the free fungus some salons hand out, it is scary.

At best what I've learned about most of these salons is that it is foolish to expect to get quality work even if you are paying a decent amount of money for their services. Not only is the work shoody and last less than the expected 2 weeks, it is also EXPENSIVE! I know for a pink and white manicure, the cost is for a full set is upwards of $45 and refills start at $30. A regular pedi is $20 without a french manicure, $25 with, plus tips! $$$Total bill = upwards of $75.00$$$!

It's not just frustrating, it's crazy! I really don't mind paying, what I mind is the bad work and attitude. I came to dislike nail salons so much, I went back to doing my own mani and pedi's as I said. If I'm going to put my hard earned money into something and not get the results I expect, then I rather put it in my pocket and not someone elses.

My hope is that some salon owners will read this and if they wonder why their traffic is dying down lately, if it's due to state of the economy, they need to know it is also due to the state of customers who are sick and tired of being ripped off!

No comments: