All articles are property of and copyrighted by LisaGoesCrazy. Please do not use nor reproduce for any purpose without written consent. Thank you.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Flake Disease


Flaking out drives me completly out of my mind! I can't stand it! First it's yes. Then it's no. Sometimes it's "I never said that." At others, it's "I said "What? When? Noooo wayyyyy."

Anyway you put it....what a pain in the butt it is to deal with flaky people. Living with one is for sure the road to the looney tune bin! A typical day with a flake-r can mean a day of ups and downs enough to never make you want to never-ever ride a see-saw or a merry go-round AGAIN! It can seriously kill the spontanity of living. Especially if you believe the flake. You get all excited. You make plans. Then.....whooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... "Where did you get that idea?" "Huh? What? You said........." And the vicious cycle starts all over again. So much wasted energy. Arrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....going coo-koo, coo-koo.

Finally, one day you don't believe the flake-r anymore. It's like the little boy who cried wolf over and over again. No ONE ever believes a flake-r once they prove themselves to have no word.

"Say what you mean and mean what you say " goes a real long way in gauging someone's opinion of who you are. Words, regardless of the "intention" with which they are spoken, with NO action to back them up mean absolutely nothing. The only impression left by a flake-r over time is that they can never be counted upon. Their words are empty. Leading other's to believe the madness is not theirs but truly yours for repeatedly listening to the flake-r.

4 comments:

calexgregorio said...

your telling me I am constitly trying to get my mother to go to a gym class with me in the after noon's and some days she says yes to get me off her back but she will never go with me

Lisa's Dessert Tables said...

Great comment on flaking only maybe she isn't flaking out. Perhaps you should aim for another time. Maybe your mom finds it difficult in the afternoon's.

calexgregorio said...

Agreed the after noons may not work for her but I am not asking for a life time commitment just one class for 1 hour just once just to try something new why not?

Unknown said...

been there... it's upsetting.... really... specially when there's money involved. had someone flake on me just because she owes me money... had to wait about 3 months before we could meet up and settle her dues... doesn't that suck?