All articles are property of and copyrighted by LisaGoesCrazy. Please do not use nor reproduce for any purpose without written consent. Thank you.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Mega Crazzzzzzzzzyyyyy

Huh? Mega store but no Mega shopping cart supply? A-yup. Marshall's. Mega store, NO MEGA shopping cart supply. Ahhhh, lets see, huge store? CHECK! good prices? CHECK!, great variety? CHECK!! Shopping carts?? Whoops..seems they MEGA forgot to provide enough per store....

I know this because no matter which Marshall's I visit, no matter the location, there always seems to be a shortage of the very essential and NECESSARY shopping cart. However and amazingly enough lots of the carts are usually taken by the store employees for stocking or restocking merchandise and they aren't always willing to put the customer first and hand them over as my tale will tell...

I arrive at Marshall's and of course, find no carts anywhere in sight. "Ok." I tell myself. "Deal with it" and hold things as best as you can." But as I make my way towards the rear of the store...low and behold a cart! And while it has some items in it, it seems abandoned. I know...I'll check out the surrounding aisle and ask anyone I see if it belongs to them. No one in any aisle, no one claiming the cart and finally after about 5 minutes or more, I gingerly claim the cart...BINGO! and proceed to empty out the items placing them neatly side by side and I stroll off with my cart. Yeeepeee! 10 minutes or so pass. I am a happy camper.

All of a sudden, directly behind me, I hear a female employee yell out very loudly "Hey! you! You with the cart!!" I look and much to my astonishment respond. "Me?", while thinking to myself, surely, it must be a mistake. But apparently..it wasn't. She was now in my face and yelling... "Yes, you! You took my cart!". "What? I did no such thing, this cart was abandoned for over 5 minutes! I made sure!" Her response????? "Well, that is not my problem, I was up at the front desk busy, that is MY cart and you are going to return it to me now!!? "What? You're kidding right? I'm the customer, the reason you have a job. How am I suppose to carry my purchases around? There are no other carts anywhere." To which she replied "Well then, I guess you are going to have to do what I would have to do. GO OUT to the parking lot and retrieve one yourself!" And with that she snatched the cart from me and walked away cussing me out loudly in front of the other customers.

Now I could on and continue my tale of craziness and bore you with more details or I can just end it here by simply adding that yes, I did complain and yes, she was reprimanded..but it really doesn't matter because if you shop Marshall's like I do then you already know that the madness continues as they still have a MEGA problem with shopping carts...


2 comments:

Sly said...

Yes, I have had that issue at Marshalls. I think where you went wrong was waiting the five minutes and being so polite. The trick is to just walk away with the cart and head to the opposite side of the store. On the way, dump their items and fill it with yours. LOL! YOUR cart? I don't think so! Hahahaha What is most amazing about the story is that this was an employee!? Hay, dios mio!

Lisa's Dessert Tables said...

LOL! Where were you when I need you! And yes, I totally agree I was way to polite! Especially when the customer is always suppose to be right and YUP it was amazingly an employee!